Monday, April 30, 2012

Who God is...

Saturday, October 8, 2011

I want to share with you a story of the Lords faithfulness
Last week this time I was sitting here at school long after school had ended (This has become a regular thing for me the past couple months without a car) and I was praying and asking God to do a miracle in my finances. I did not know how I was going to make my tuition payment on Friday the fallowing morning. So as I sat in the prayer chapel with my friend Angela we began to pray together and cry out to God. It was such a sweet time together and with the Lord. Angela also had a payment to make and was just as desperate as I was to see the Lord work in a mighty way through this circumstance that we were both in. At the beginning of our prayer time we were feeling a little down but as we began to press into the Lord more and more we could feel his peace and joy all around us. I was praising the Lord for the opportunity to even be asking him for a miracle. I mean how cool is that to be able to see God in such and awesome way and to be able to feel his peace through all of it?! It’s such an amazing thing to experience. Friday morning comes and I was able to make a small payment toured my tuition. It was not as much as I was hoping to be able to do but it was still a good step. Saturday night the lord blessed me with the opportunity to get a babysitting job. I was praising the Lord for providing that for me. Then later that night I realized that my wallet was missing. I retraced my steps and figured out that I had left it when I had picked up some dinner Friday night. I was so upset at myself and just the whole situation. I was like “really God? Now?” …like it was his fault or something. So I made it through the night and Sunday morning I was pretty frustrated. At around 10 o’clock in the morning after hours of trying to figure things out and get things done on my own I sat on my bed and began to cry. I had been trying to do things on my own and I was not engaging God in it. In that moment the Lord spoke to me and reminded me just how much I need him. He showed me how I had been trying to do things without him. The Lord brought me to a place once again that I needed him fully, oh how thankful I am for that. God is so faithful to bring me back to my knees. The rest of my day was spent talking to the Lord and just reflecting on all that he has brought me through and done for me. That night I ended up going back to the place I had lost my wallet and I found it! Everything was taken out of it except my driver’s license and a few others things but just that was such a huge blessing to still have. The Lord showed me so much through this. He showed me how to let go of things more and how to trust him fully to provide for everything I need.
Provider
Tuesday morning came and as I walked in to school someone comes with excitement and open arms to embrace me and tell me that someone gave me $400 for my tuition. Wednesday I was able to get another Job to put more money for tuition. Friday morning I woke up to an envelope on the counter for me with $325 dollars in it. J God is so amazing! This week alone with the job the Lord provided for me and the checks that came in I was able to drop my tuition payment for this term down to just $135. The Lord has blown my mind this week.  
What has the Lord brought you through? Where have you seen his faithfulness in your life?
That is what I will be spending the rest of my day meditating on… his goodness and faithfulness in my life.
I love you all! Thank you for your prayers and support! God is answering prayers! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment