Monday, April 30, 2012

Nehemiah Trip ♥

September 23, 2011

Hey everyone!
I hope you are all doing well. : ) I just wanted to share with you a few highlights from the past couple weeks!
 Nehemiah Trip!                             

This past week I had an amazing opportunity to get away from the busyness of everyday life here in San Diego to study the book of Nehemiah with my awesome term 2 family. It was it was an  absolutely gorgeous place up in the mountains. God did an incredible work on my heart and in my family’s hearts while we were all pressing into the Lord during the teaching and fellowship and quite time. God showed me things about myself that I had never recognized before. He opened my eyes to new truths about who he is and he gave me amazing leaders and friends to experience it with. It was a wonderful week of practicing the presence of God. Each morning the Lord woke me up early. I found this amazing place up on the top of a hill overlooking the view of the mountain range. There was this huge rock that I climbed up on and I watched the sunrise come up from behind the mountains. It was a beautiful picture to me of God’s faithfulness, and how he holds true to his promises. As I was sitting there I was just smiling and reflecting on how great and awesome God really is. I was reflecting on all the things he has done for me and what he has brought me out of. While I was sitting there the lord brought to mind one of my favorite songs called “God Who Answers Prayers.”
God who answers prayer
Bless the Lord with all that's within o my soul
I cry out with all that I am make me whole
Here I stand I place all my hope in you
My Healer will see me through

God who answers prayer
Faithful you will be
In my darkest hour
Your promise I believe
My Savior, my God on High
The One who has brought me life
I surrender all that I am
Into your hands, I'm in your hands

This song is a reminder to me of Gods promises and his faithfulness in my life. And it reminds me to just be still and know that he is God, and he is in control. <3
Psalm 46:1 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

I have found a new love for Vietnamese food. ♥

My first Vietnamese dumpling! : )

Time to reflect & meditate


 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.♥

Philippians 4:8

Sunrise





 Lamentations 3:22-23

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.♥




The view from my rock




"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment