Monday, April 30, 2012

PREPARING FOR THE MISSION TRIP

July 2011

As I neared the end of first term, I had the opportunity to go on a mission trip. I had felt the Lord calling me to go to Africa since I was about 14 years old, but even so I was placed on the Romania team instead of Nigeria.  I did not have the money to go, but I was going to trust the Lord to provide and wherever He wanted me to go was okay with me.  The day all the money had to be turned in, I had only raised about $300 and I needed $3,000. I was taking in my $300 and this time I knew I had to go all in on my end and that He would do the rest. So with my bank account emptied and over $1,700 to go, I posted on Facebook at 4:00 in the afternoon that I needed the rest of the money by that night to be able go on the trip. And that is when YOU responded to what God was teaching me and helped me to raise all the needed funds by 9:00 that night!  By the next day, I had enough funds that I would get some of my own contribution returned to me and I had raised enough to go to Nigeria, and I was placed on the Nigeria team instead!  I am so thankful for each of you - for your willingness to support me and to be a part of the amazing things that the Lord is doing in my life as He prepares me for the mission field and for taking part in the work He did in Nigeria.  I have learned that I am not alone, and that it is only through the support of others that I can have the privilege of being His hands and feet to many people around the world and be able take the Love of many Christians to those who are desperate for God’s love and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment